- Requests for NH Apiary go to Piera Siegert (NH State Entomologist).
Email might be best:
Division of Plant Industry
NH Dept. Agriculture, Markets & Food
29 Hazen Dr.
Concord, NH 03301
The link to NH Apiary is here:
To request an inspection, contact the division (i.e. Piera Siegert):
When NHAI receives a request for inspection it involves:
- Data collection and interpretation via phone calls
- On site visit if needed/necessary
- Tick information here!
- Pollen Chart
- DYI Tick Tubes
- UMASS Amherst Chart of Nectar and Pollen: R. Shaw, Department of Entomology, UMASS (2/2/56)
1) I would like to thank our club member Ernie Holtzman (Thank you very much!) who brought this chart to my attention so we could share it with the club members. We thought it was very interesting and beneficial. We received permission from UMASS-Amherst to post this with proper credit.
2) We’d like to thank the folks at UMASS-Amherst for all of their help and guidance in our research…Dr. Mousaud Hashemi, Graduate Program Director, Stockbridge School of Agriculture
Dr. John Stoffolano, Professor ,Department: Stockbridge School of Agriculture
Hannah Whitehead, Honey Bee Extension Educator
Lynn Adler, Professor, Dept. of Biology
Tawney Simisky, Entomology Specialist
Mandy Bayer, Extension Assistant Professor of Sustainable Landscape Horticulture
- Pollinator-Friendly Native Plant Lists / Xerces Society
- Landscape Message
- Planting for Pollinators
- Pollinators in the Landscape I: Importance of Pollinators and causes of Decline
- Pollinators in the Landscape II: Plants and Pollinators
- Pollinators in the Landscape III: Creating and Maintaining Pollinator Landscapes